Global Business Support Services company, Williams Lea came to Emergence to examine their small off-shore IT helpdesk team, which they believed wasn’t working as effectively and efficiently as it could be.
Williams Lea wanted to understand what was working and what could be improved, with automation, in order to better utilise this business-critical team.
What we did:
We deployed Value Finder – our diagnostic product which uniquely combines AI technology with human consulting capabilities to analyse people, processes and technology and identify the most appropriate opportunities for automation. Using our accelerated our five-week format and we:
- Captured live data across all tasks, processes and people
- Focused on password reset, onboarding and leaving processes
- Had weekly check-ins with programme lead (Head of IT Helpdesk) and Head of Tech
- Produced a comprehensive business case report with recommendations, costings and timings
We identified three automation opportunities:
- The process for ticketing triage
- The new joiners process
- The leavers process
The total value of automation opportunities was equivalent 40% or two FTE resource.
The Emergence difference:
Because we use Value Finder to look at businesses holistically, we were not just able to address the requirements of the brief but also to identify further improvements:
- An additional 20% resource savings through improved resource planning and task grouping
- Low employee engagement due to repetitive tasks and an over-resource team
- An opportunity to standardise responses via a central knowledge hub to improve time-to-resolution
What the client said:
“Value Finder has been a critical tool to increase employee engagement and productivity. It captured the as-is ways of working and opportunities for improvement in a data-driven way that Business Analysts would never be able to do and is faster, more accurate and much more cost effective!”
Nick Morgan, Global Head of Technology, Williams Lea